Arctic Race of Norway: Queen stage win for Kamiel Bonneu

 

An emotional win


Kamiel Bonneu, the 25-year-old Belgian who spends most of the year in Catalonia, Spain is a third-year professional and now has three professional victories. He previously won a stage in the Tour of Czech Republic and Great Britain in 2022. Bonneu was particularly emotional when he crossed the finish line. He pointed to the sky and dedicated his victory to his grandfather, who died on Monday.

“I received the bad news yesterday that my grandfather passed away. He was the reason why I ever started racing. Going home was not an option, so I wanted to give it my all today. I didn’t ride alone today, I’m glad I could make my grandfather proud.”

-Kamiel Bonneu with a stunning win on stage 3 at the Arctic Race of Norway, the first at Pro-level for his Flanders Baloise team since the Tour of Britain two years ago.

Stage 3 results



Look back: Eddy Merckx sweating it out on Monte Jafferau (and eventually will win), 1972 Giro d’ltalia.



Comments