La Vuelta: Hot finish on stage 4

(Right) Matthew Riccitello: sixth for the talented American climber

“It was not actually the main objective of today, but when you see our guys riding hard in this heat, I was happy that I could then finish it off. Nobody asked me how I was feeling, if they did then I probably wouldn't have said it, to go so hard and to control it for the victory, but I had no option."
-Primoz Roglic wins on Cat 1 Pico Villuercas and takes the lead.

"Everybody was suffering today. I've never done a stage or training that hot before. I am pretty happy how it went today. I didn't really expect too much the first mountain day, and everybody is fresh, so I didn't know where I would stack up. It was a pretty good day."
-Matthew Riccitello. A career-best grand tour racing so far for the 22-year-old. He climbs to 12th @ 1:06 behind.

M MATTHEW RICCITELLO ATTHTELLO 


Joao Almeida: Cooling off, hot finish (38C). Third place, second overall.


Comments