La Vuelta Stage 8: Tiberi and Mas stay in the hunt

 

Staying in the hunt in the youth classification: Tiberi finished fourth and sits fourth overall.

“I suffered a bit, but not as it was expected. I was really good. It was a hard climb, especially in the first part and the last one. The rest, it was quite good, also to stay a bit covered in the wheel. In the end I was 4th. I think it is a really good result for me at this climb. Roglic is super strong on this type of climb. With these gradients I’m not super good, but I try to do my best. It’s just to try to follow the best, Roglic and the other guys.”

-Antonio Tiberi (Bahrain Victorious).


With Joao Almeida cracking on the day, Mas has moved up to third overall.

"Every day is important, we have to attack. Let’s hope that from minute to minute at the end of the second week he will be closer (referring to O’Connor). With Joan Almeida cracking on the day, t
-Enric Mas. Movistar. The Mallorcan climber finished second in Cazorla slashed time in front of the leader Ben O'Connor. He has cut 52 seconds off O’Connor in the third cat climb.


Comments