TDFF: Stage 6 Historic win for Kerbaol


Cedrine Kerbaol becomes the first French stage winner in the Tour de France Femmes!

"I felt really good on the climbs, my teammates were always there to put me in the best position possible. And on the last climb, I reminded myself to be patient because I often attack a little too early. I said to myself that I was not going to go for the bonus sprint and just focus on trying to go for the victory. There was a little moment where it was flat, and that's where I went. I knew that I could make the difference on the descent and saw right away that I had a gap. And then I put myself in time trial mode. I hope the French are as happy as I am. I hope it will give them something to smile about, too. the Tour is already a success for me, but of course, I want to fight to the end to get the best possible result."
-Cédrine Kerbaol. The 23-year-old from Brittany is now only 16 seconds behind Niewiadoma on GC.

"It's super big because it's a f*cking stage in the Tour de France. It's one of the biggest things you can win. And to win it with Cédrine is super special because she's French, and she really worked super hard for this."
-Nlna Berton.  


Comments