Tour de France Femmes, Tour of Poland

 

Kool stuffed toys

"It's unbelievable, a dream come true. It wasn't an easy season for me so far, but this is what it is all about. I want to thank the team who always kept believing in me, all of the people around me, just everyone. It was really hectic but the girls did a really good job to keep me safe. Then in the sprint it was chaotic but I like that. I went so early and thought it might have been too long but it was enough in the end. This is the best day of my life, everything came together for us today."

-Charlotte Kool. Team DSM-Firmenich PostNL. The first ever team to win the opening stage at both Le Tour and Le Tour Femmes and wear the famous yellow jersey with both Men’s (Romain Bardet) and Women’s programs.



"I think I proved in the last couple of months how much this kind of finish suits me. I got more and more confident and now I know I can be among the most competitive riders in the peloton, at the moment, on days like this. I've learned what it takes to win on this finish, but this also brings a kind of nervousness because I know how hard it is to make it happen. I'm really happy I made it today. If you had told me I would take a win in every stage race I started, I would have laughed. It's like a dream."
-Thibau Nys




Comments