La Vuelta Conquering the Covadanga

 

Marc Soler: making it count

Active during the Vuelta, Marc Soler gets rewarded for all his efforts winning the thrilling stage on the solo on the iconic Lagos de Covadonga. Enric Mads and Richard Carapaz joined by Primoz Roglic crossed the line 58" ahead of Ben O'Connor. The Australian keeps La Roja with only 5" on Roglic.

"After the first KOM, sprinting with Wout, I just didn't feel it so I decided to work for Marc and Isaac and Marc was able to come away with the victory. Van Aert crashing out is absolutely not the way I wanted to take the polka-dot and honestly, he was beating me in the sprints at the top fo these climbs. The goal was a victory for the team and that goal was achieved."

-Jay Vine leads the KOMs classification. 

“I feel really happy with this win. It feels like all the effort I’ve made in this Vuelta has been rewarded. I was on the limit for the whole climb but I also saw the others were weakening a bit. I kept my rhythm.”

-Marc Soler wins his third Vuelta stage

“Every day there is less to lose. We enjoyed today at Lagos, but I hope the weather improves next time. I couldn’t see anything on the descent, but neither could Primoz, so that’s OK.”

-Enric Mas. He is closer, third overall 1’25” off the red jersey.

“We enjoyed today at Lagos, but I hope the weather improves next time. I couldn't see anything on the descent, but neither could Primož, so that's OK,” 


Look back...

Thibaut Pino conquers the Covadanga, stage 15 2018 Vuelta a Espana


Covadanga 1985 Vuelta a Espana


Comments