La Vuelta stage 17 Groves dominates, Tour of Britain


"It's always good to see another fellow Aussie win. That's four Aussie wins so far... Good day for Aussie cycling! It was a bit wet not too hard, a little treacherous on the descents, but it wasn't too complicated in the end. We've done a lot of riding so far in this race so it was good for the boys to have a bit of a break, it was much needed. Tomorrow, break management will probably have to be a lot more proactive but it should normally be an easier finish."
-Ben O'Connor 







"This is my third time at this race and I've never managed to get my hands in the air here. It's really special to win in the UK - we don't get to race here often so it means a lot.

From 70 kilometers to go it was technical and twisty, with steep climbs, and the key was to stay in front. We were there in numbers - the way the boys rode was superb. They made sure I was positioned brilliantly going into the climbs.

Joe (Blackmore) was unbelievable in the final, giving us the extra rider to play with. In the end the goal was to get me to the line in a small group. I back my sprint in that situation."

-Stevie Williams takes Tour of Britain lead after winning stage 2.




Comments