Tour de Luxembourg stage 5, World Championships ITT

 

Derek Gee in 22nd place World ITT Championships

"The experience of the Olympics and having that success on my shoulders already gave me a lot of confidence. As I was riding in the last kilometres I just kept telling myself 'I can be world champion' and that gave me the strength to push all the way to the end."
-Grace Brown (Australia) added the elite women's world time trial to her Olympic time trial win with a rare double victory.

“I took the start, had no power meter at all since the start, so it was a pure time trial on feeling.”
-Remco Evenepoel. The Olympic champion defended his time trial at the World Championships.


"In the final circuit, my legs felt even better, and I expected a lot of attacks. I decided to push to the limit on the longest climb all the way to the finish. I was with three other riders, and my goal was to gain as many seconds as possible to try and win the GC. This victory boosts my morale for the upcoming races, especially the Worlds and Il Lombardia."
-Antonio Tiberi. (Bahrain Victorious) The Italian takes 26 seconds on former leader Mathieu van der Poel to take the overall victory at the Tour de Luxembourg.


David Gaudu takes stage 5 and third overall Tour de Luxembourg









Beppe Saronni takes gold in Goodwood, 1982

Mont Ventoux


Comments