World Championships U-23 Men’s TT


Spain has a individual time trial world champion! It's been awhile since compatriot, Ivan Gutierrez last won Men's U-23 TT in 1999. Ivan Romeo, the 21-year-old Movistar Team rider took the U-23 TT after destroying all his rivals with a finishing time of 36:42. Sweden's Jakob Soderqvist was the closest rival, who finished 32 seconds.


"I like the distance, I like the climb. It was pretty good for me, but you never know. At the beginning of the day it was raining for me, some descents were wet, so even having the best time when I arrived, I thought they were gonna be faster. But I pushed so hard in the last 10k - my pacing was meant to be like that, but I did not expect to have that power at the end. I have worked hard to achieve this. Few people know how hard I've worked, I've spent 10 days with my father studying the circuit. Maybe for some people it is a surprise, but for me it is the happiest day of my life."
-Ivan Romeo

Comments