CRO Race stage 2: Adding to the tally, Elfstedenrace: Taco is back

 

Adding to the tally

Sebastian Molano wins the fierce sprint in stage 2 of the CRO Race pushes UAE wins to a staggering 76 this season.



He’s back!

Taco van der Hoorn is back. the Dutchman won the Friesland Elfstedenrace solo, coming back a year and a half after his serious crash in the Tour of Flanders, which kept him out of competion for sixteen months. He secured Intermarché-Wanty’s thirteenth victory of the season, eighteen months after his serious crash in the Tour of Flanders and only six weeks after his comeback.

“From the moment I felt healthy again, more than 15 months after my crash in the 2023 Tour of Flanders, I started believing I could return to my previous level. In recent weeks, I raced with a good feeling and full of confidence, but I was waiting for a more selective race like today to show the real Taco van der Hoorn.
Paris-Tours is also tailor-made for me and then I will go to China. And then I can hopefully get a contract for 2025. I have shown in the past that I can do it, I can do it now too, so I will definitely succeed next year. It was already clear to me that I was back, but now everyone has seen it.”
-Taco van der Hoorn




Comments