Simon Geschke bids adieu, CRO Race stage 3: The return of McNulty

 


Today at the Tour du Munster in Germany, respected and affable rider Simon Geschke has competed his last race of his career at the age of 38. Professional since 2009, part of the Cofidis team for four seasons he was steadfast in his dedication to the team while sometimes trying his luck.

"It's a race that is more suitable for sprinters, so the idea is above all to have fun and finish well in Germany. But I'm still in good shape, I proved it at the world championships (36th).

It was an important part of my career since I spent four seasons there. There were many good memories and moments of joy like my 3rd place at the Tour of Romandie (2022) or the many days at the Tour de France 2022 with the polka do jersey. After two years at Team CCC, I was without a team for a long time and I even thought about quitting. By reaching out to me, Cedric Vasseru and Cofidis offered me a great opportunity and I am very grateful."

-Simon Geschke




Comments