Tour of Denmark: Hat trick for Van Aert

 


Wout van Aert has claimed victory in the queen stage of the Tour of Denmark. The Belgian sprinted to his third consecutive stage win, successfully defending his blue leader’s jersey and extending his advantage in the GC. The victory gives Van Aert a 20-second lead over Lukas Kubis (Unibet Rose Rockets).

“Christophe and I agreed during the second local lap to open up the race. I was really on my limit at that point. In the final local lap, we mainly wanted to secure the GC and, if possible, go for the stage win with Christophe. We had different options depending on who still had the best legs.

I thought Christophe was still on my wheel, but through the radio I heard that I had created a gap. At that moment, I had to keep going and go for my own chance.”

-Wout van Aert



Comments