Louis Barre (Visma Lease a bike) has won stage one of the Deutschland Tour, attacking with five kilometres to go, after which Barre soloed to victory. The 26-year-old Frenchman also takes over the lead in the GC.
“Fortunately, I was able to carry my good form from the Tour of Poland into this race. I felt really good today. The plan was to go for the bonus seconds, but with the gap I had, I decided to give it everything until the finish. To be able to win in such a strong field makes me very happy. I’m going to give everything over the coming days to ride for the strongest possible position in the general classification.”
-Louis Barre
\
“The team managed me well, and we could do a good sprint - I could time my sprint perfectly. It’s always nice when the competition is high, it’s good for the confidence. It’s very difficult to take a stage win with all the strong sprinters here, so I’m happy to take the win today.”
-Jasper Philipsen takes the race lead with victory on stage 2.
-Lorena Wiebes sprinted to her second consecutive victory on stage 2 at the Tour of Britain.



Comments