TdFF: Vollering’s attack Vuelta a Burgos: Gall the winner ToP: A first for Barre

 


Demi Vollering produced a dramatic swing in the battle for the Tour de France Femmes, winning Stage 8 with an attack on the short but steep Chemin de l’Arieta with 6km to go in Nice and taking the yellow jersey from Kasia Niewiadoma-Phinney with one day of racing remaining. 





“As expected, it was a tough battle today with a very demanding stage and an extremely steep final climb - the kind of climb you only find in Spain. I’m really happy because this is my first overall victory, and it’s a real accomplishment. I had a very good high-altitude training camp in Arc 1950 and came straight here. Oscar (Onley) and Giulio (Ciccone) are very strong riders; it was a tough fight, but we managed it well as a team, and I’m glad it paid off. I’ve gained a lot of confidence this week; now I’m going to spend a few days at home before heading to the Vuelta.”
-Felix Gall. The Austrian takes the overall victory while Giulio Pellizzari wins the final stage of the Vuelta a Burgos. On the podium: Oscar Onley is second and Giulio Ciccone is third. 



\


Louis Barre soloed to the sixth stage victory of the Tour of Pologne. The Frenchman claimed his first professional victory. Barre moves up to second place on GC. He is now three seconds behind Cristian Scaroni, who takes the lead from Bart Lemmen. 

“I finished fifth and third earlier this week, so I was determined to win a stage.”
-Louis Barre (Team Visma Lease a Bike)





Comments