The 120th edition of Paris-Tours rolled out of Chartres for 216km of racing across the French countryside, with 10 off-road farmyard sectors in the final third of racing to make one of the toughest semi-Classics of the year.
Per Strand Hagenes (Visma) went on a late solo attack for victory, jumping before the flamme rouge and hold off a charging reduced group for the win. Jasper Stuyen settled for second, with Visma going 1-3 as Christophe Laporte sprinted to the final spot on the podium.
This is the second time Strand Hagenes has found victory in Tours, having won the U23 edition in 2022.
“I like the race. I’m always suffering a little bit in October, but it’s a nice race to finish off the season. It’s the last day of racing so you just give it your all. It’s an interesting race where anything can happen, and you also need some going to not have a puncture, and today I had that.”
-Per Strand Hagenes



Comments