No catching him today

 

Conquering the queen stage


"I tried to attack to stay alone and be able to set my pace. When I saw that the advantage over my opponents was good, I pushed really hard to try and keep the gap, also because I knew Yates was coming close. I gave it my all and managed to win.

As far as the GC is concerned, every second advantage is precious, also because tomorrow a very difficult stage awaits us and, also because of the final time trial, the fight for the victory will be balanced."

-Tadej Pogacar. Stage 4 victor and overall leader.

"No catching him today."

-Simon Yates

Stage 4 Terni-Prati di Tivo results






Heartbreak for Gino Mader


"He passed me so quickly, I was afraid of catching a cold (laughs). At first, of course, I was disgusted. To be passed like this, 20 meters from the line, I was not far from crying. But looking back, I tell myself that it was a great experience to be at the front. I must be happy with what I did. I'm disappointed, but it was a great race and Roglic is a great champion. 

On the podium, I said to him: 'next time you let me win!' He replied, 'If you sprint yes, maybe (laughs). This is one of his great qualities, and that is why he is a champion, he always aims for victory, he is always motivated to do well, he gives all his energy to achieve his goal I would have preferred him to let me win, but what do you want. At this level, we do not give a gift. 

Think I need to get a bit stronger..."

-Gino Mader. Stage 7, awarded the combativity prize


Stage 7 Le Broc-Valdeblore La Colmiane results






Stephen Roche: winner of the 1981 Paris-Nice on the Promenade des Anglais.


Comments