Firing the Cosnefroy arrow

Benoit Cosnefroy during the Flèche Brabanconne which he finished in eighth place.


Benoit Cosnefroy, the puncher at AG2R-Citroen hopes to fire his arrow in the Mur de Huy (1.3km at 9.7%) the launching pad before the finish in Flèche Wallonne. 
 

"I hope to do well as last year (2nd behind Marc Hirschi), or even better. Even if I am not in the best situation in the race, the victory remains in the back of my mind."

-Benoit Cosnefroy

"I had a good feeling in the Amstel Gold Race and I missed my sprint. We are now looking forward to Flèche Wallonne where we have the highest ambitions with a final where Benoit Cosnefroy is very comfortable and I will really put myself in the role of a team member to place him as best as possible at the foot of the Mur de Huy.

This is a race that is played in the last two minutes of effort and it is rare in recent years that a movement of anticipation goes to the end. This is my second participation. I love this kind of race because you can feel it is part of cycling history even if there is no crowds. Each time beautiful images come to the surface with a special atmosphere."

-Aurelien Paret-Peintre

Update: Bob Jungels will not start Fleche Wallonne and Liege-Bastogne-Liege due to a minor concussion. Lawrence Naesen is his replacement.







The Mur de Hurt will be climbed 3 times (130km, 162km & 193.6km).






Tour of the Alps stage 2:

Dan Martin takes third on stage 2 and is third on GC.


"Today was a good test for me. I suffered a bit at the bottom of the final climb and got dropped but I stayed focused and did a big effort to move up. On the last climb, it was really aggressive with multiple attacks. I felt quite good at that moment and I made another big effort to go across to a strong group that was chasing Yates. Sivakov then went away with five kilometres to go and we just kept going full gas to the finish to get the best result possible. There is still a long time to the Giro and today was definitely a good sign. I'm quite satisfied with how it went today."
-Dan Martin preps for the Giro

At the finish: Yates and Sivakov.


"Those guys were not easy to get rid of! It was a good day for us, my first win of the year, so I am very happy."
-Simon Yates








Laurent Fignon in the wind tunnel.




Comments