being smart and a lot of teamwork

 

Leaving everyone behind


Caleb Ewan plans to leave the Giro midway to start building for the Tour. If that's the case, he will be going out on a high as he timed his sprint perfectly coming around Fernando Gaviria after the Colombian attacked with over 150m to the line. This is Ewan's second stage win of the Giro.


"It was a question of being smart and a lot of teamwork. There were a few points in the last 10km where we needed to be in the front so we didn't have to brake and we got a really good ride in. They did a really good job My legs were burning at the end, it was basically sprinting for the last 450 metres with a slight uphill so it was a tough one. 

When Gaviria goes you know he has the strength and the speed to hold it. I had a bit of a run and really accelerated."

-Caleb Ewan


"I would say it was a bittersweet stage today. I had strong legs, I was feeling well and the squad was fantastic. They worked perfectly to keep me safe and position me, especially in the difficult final kilometers. I was in a good position for the sprint finish but a rider in front of me close me into the barriers and there was little I could do."

-Peter Sagan. 14th place


Stage 7 results


Leading the Maglia Ciclamino classification @ 106pts, Tim Merlier 83pts, Giacomo Nizzolo 76pts.


Celebrating another day in pink for Attila Valter




Comments