Proud with how the team rode and how my legs felt

 

Battling


Michael Woods put on an impressive performance to take the Queen Stage 4 of Tour de Romandie and also becomes the new leader. Rain and cold weather, five category climbs, over 4,000 meters of climbing and a 20 km long final ascent with an average of 7.7% was a daunting task for the riders. He stayed in contention following the right moves and at the end Woods and Geraint Thomas duelled for the stage victory...






"I was really happy with the race today, really proud with how the team rode and how my legs felt. The guys just did such a great job in delivering me and Mads (Wurtz Schmidt) got into the breakaway and was able to help position me for the final climb.

I had really good legs and, yeah, just felt awesome. Didn't want to take the yellow the way I took it I didn't want to see Geraint Thomas go down the way he did, but it's special to be in a yellow jersey at a WorldTour race. I'm really proud of myself and hopefully I can land a podium tomorrow."
-Michael Woods


Stage 4 results








Taking a much deserved rest: 
Magnus Cort's brave ride earned him the best combative prize.







Comments