Time to turn the screws

 



"This is the reason why I came to the Giro d'ltalia!

I came to the Giro to win a stage. That I joggled my head after the finish proves that I just could not believe that I made it. I knew today would be one of my last chances. As I lost time before, I could try to go for my goal with joining a breakaway. 

I received the updates from the sports directors about what was happening behind me. From 3.5 kilometers to the finish, I pushed as hard as I could, because I knew from a recon I did that the climb would flatten towards the finish.

We had a Giro with ups and downs. We lost Krists in the first stage, then had pink with Alessandro and got a few podiums, then lost two guys in one day and now the team is back at an up. We kept fighting and believing, and today it worked out."

-Dan Martin. 'Grande' Martin wins stage 17 and completes Grand Tour stage victory trifecta (winning a stage in all three Grand Tours).

"Dan said yesterday that we would give it a go in today's stage. He said this climb suited him particularly well. The team did amazing to get Dan into the break. He delivered and I am super proud."

-Sylvan Adams. Team co-owner.


"Time to turn the screws."

-Matt White, DS Team Bike Exchange

Stage 17 results







Look back: Ryder Hesjedal and Garmin-Barracuda stormed their way to a stage 4 win in Verona and 
and advantage in the GC with Ramunas Navardauskas in pink.


Comments