Canadian RR: In the Woods, MTB Crans Montana: Worse to first

 

IPT 1-2 with newly-minted national time trial champion, Pier-Andre Cote

All photos: Rob Jones

On Saturday, 37-year-old Mike Woods adds to his palmares with Canadian road race champion for the first time in his career. The 199-km race in Saint-Georges, Quebec was dominated by Woods, Cote and Carson Miles ultimately formed the race-winning selection. Cote and Woods formed a partnership with 75kms remaining crossing the line together over 11 minutes ahead of Miles.

"I'm super proud to have won today and claim the national champion's jersey. To be wearing the maple leaf jersey for the next year is something that I'm really excited about."

-Mike Woods




"I didn't make it easy that's for sure. At the start I unclipped then I was at the back, and I was actually getting dropped on that first climb, they were going so fast. I was just riding it full, just to pick off riders every time on the climb and it was just my tactic, just ride full gas."

-Tom Pidcock





Comments