TdF: Cannibal 1969, Israel Premier Tech line-up

 

The Cannibal takes on ITT. After his Giro ejection he dominated the 1969 Tour with six stage wins, Points, KoMs, Combinaton, Combativity and GC.


Tour debutants...

"I'm unbelievably excited to be lining up at mys first Tour. It's truly a childhood dream to race the Tour de France, I can't wait to experience the atmosphere of the biggest race in the world. The dream would be to win a stage."
-Derek Gee

"I have been waiting eight years for this. Getting a Grand Tour hat-trick would be very special. I'm really close to it and obviously, it's a big goal for me. I really want to win a stage in this Tour. I'm not flying home without one."
-Pascal Ackermann

"I'm looking forward to racing in my debut Tour de France. This has already been a wonderful year for me so far with some nice victories. Now, I'm eager to target some stages over the next month and try to tick off a major goal for myself and for the team."
-Stevie Williams. This season, the Welshman has won La Flèche Wallonne and Tour Down Under.

"To be selected for my debut Tour de France is pretty amazing and it's a dream come true. It wasn't really planned at the start of the season when I sat down with the team at the end of last year I'd be going to the Tour, but thins have happened to me since! I spent a lot of time at altitude, a lot of time away from home and my family, making the sacrifices you've got to make to be at the top of this sport, but I'm super happy the hard work has paid off."
-Jake Stewart, the team's fourth Tour debutant, made the selection despite missing the first two months of the season through injury.

"I think we will have a lot of fun! I hope to have a good role in the team's performance, playing a key part in the target stages for the other riders, but also to try to win a stage again from the breakaway."
-Hugo Houle. 2022 Tour stage winner and breakaway artist.

"I'm really proud to be a part of the team this year and to be riding my fourth Tour in a row. It'll be a good, hard and busy three weeks, but I'm looking forward to helping our leaders get more wins at the Tour!"
-Guillaume Boivin

"In the past editions of the Tour, we have been successful racing aggressively, opportunistically and hunting for stage wins from breakaways. We will still need to do that, however, we need to be ready for the intense sprint finishes or even to challenge the best competitors in the mountains. Every stage is a chance and a new day to race hard to be in the game. The Tour is never easy, but we know we have guys who can win."
-Steve Bauer. DS, 1988 Tour stage winner.





Can debutant Derek Gee win his first Tour stage? I wouldn’t bet against it. He carries momentum to his first Tour with a stage win and third overall in the Criterium du Dauphine. If he does, he’ll join stage winning Canuck’s; Steve Bauer, Hugo Houle and Michael Woods!


Comments