Paris-Tours: Mudfest, Gravel World Championships, Mont Sainte Anne MTB, CRO Race, Coppa Agostoni

 

No, it's not Paris-Roubaix... it's Paris-Tours.

"Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to win the European champion's jersey, it's been a difficult year. Today I was motivated, I like these conditions with the tracks, the mud, and I wanted to finish the season as well as possible and that's done."

-Christophe Laporte enjoyed the mud fest of Paris-Tours.



The winning bike, Paris-Tours

"You never know. I have to say, my legs were also hurting. So you never know in the sprint, especially on the gravel bike. So, I tried to go the last time on the hardest part of the course, and found myself alone. So it's always nice to celebrate like this."
Mathieu van der Poel dominates and wins Gravel World Championships.

“With a four man group it’s always difficult to get a good collaboration as everyone is playing for the podium spots. I knew Aranburu was probably the fastest but I think maybe his legs were heaviest. He attacked but we spoke behind and worked to bring him back which was good. It was a long final with a slight headwind and we nearly got swallowed up by the group behind, but thankfully I could hang on for another win.”
-Marc Hirschi strikes again and takes the Coppa Agostoni, his eighth win of the season.

“In my last race of the season it’s nice to end on a high. The team worked really good defending the jersey all week and covering the bonus sprints, so all in all it’s been a really nice week and a super season for me and the team.”
-Brandon McNulty wins the CRO Race, his eighth win of the season. For UAE, it’s 80th victory of the season! 














Comments